Artists Registration for the Islamic Arts Festival 2021 is Now Open
Please fill out this form below to register for the 8th annual Arts Festival 2021.
Registration Starts: October 10th – Registration Ends: November 10th.
By submitting this form, I acknowledge that I understand that:
- The festival will be held both 0nline at our website and also in-Person at Champions Mosque on the 11th & 12th of December.
- Participation is limited to artists residing in United States of America and Canada.
- I am personally responsible for the originality and quality of the artwork I will submit for the Islamic Arts Festival.
- The art I submit should conform to the definition of “Islamic Arts” as defined by the Islamic Arts Society.
- Only art work approved by IAS Jurors will be selected for the event. IAS reserve the right to select or reject art work.
- The number of pieces I can showcase at the online festival is dependent upon the space allocated to me by the IAS.
- I am responsible for safeguarding my “intellectual property” from duplication images, videos or ideas of my artwork.
- I understand that I will be reimbursed 80% of the sales price after deduction of transaction fees.
- I understand that I will be responsible for all shipping and insurance cost when sending my artwork to the buyer. I absolve IAS of any responsibility for damage or loss of art resulting from unexpected circumstance.
- I also understand that all reimbursements will be made to me ONLY after verification of the receipt by the buyer.
- I understand that IAS reserves the right to use my work for publicity and marketing purposes.
- I will follow all deadlines and instructions given by Islamic Arts Society. Otherwise I will forfeit all rights to participate in the Festival.
- Filling this form or paying the Registration fee is not a guarantee that my artwork will be selected for the festival.
- I accept all of the terms and conditions of IAS.
Definition of Islamic Arts
Islamic art encompasses the visual arts influenced by Islam and the Muslim world. It reflects the beliefs, culture and traditions of Islam. This could be religious or non-religious calligraphy, Arabesque, geometric, architectural or landscapes connected with Islamic world. Modern, traditional and most mediums are welcome. General landscape, still life, sculpture and portraits are not considered Islamic arts by the Islamic Arts Society of Houston.
IAS encourages emerging artists who are not working at a professional level or who are not associated with an art gallery to apply for Arts Festival registration. Emerging artists may be allocated space to display up to 2 art pieces and will not have to pay the $35 registration fee. If you are not sure whether you are a professional artist or an emerging artist please email us with your artist profile first. Please indicate below if you are an emerging artist.
The registration fee for the Islamic Arts Festival is $35. This fee is waived under the following conditions:
- If you are a member of the Islamic Arts Society. You can join IAS by filling out this form.
- If you are an Emerging artist as described above.
Please pay the registration fee using the Donate button at the top of this page, either before or immediately after submitting the form.