Artists Registration for the Islamic Arts Festival 2020 is Now Open
Please fill out this form below to register for the 7th annual Arts Festival 2020.
The Festival this year, due to COVID-19 will be online only.
Registration Starts: September 5th – Registration Ends: October 5th.
- Participation is limited to artists residing in United States of America and Canada.
- Selection of artists is based upon merit and quality of work as judged by the Islamic Arts Society.
- Payment of registration fee does not guarantee my participation in the festival.
- I am personally responsible for the originality and quality of the artwork I will submit for the Islamic Arts Festival.
- The art I submit should conform to the definition of “Islamic Arts” as defined by the Islamic Arts Society.
- Only art work approved by IAS Jurors will be selected for the event. IAS reserve the right to select or reject art work based on recommendation of our jurors.
- The number of pieces I can showcase at the online festival is dependent upon the space allocated to me by the IAS.
- I am responsible for safeguarding my “intellectual property” from duplication images, videos or ideas of my artwork.
- I understand that IAS will be using the CLICKBID platform for its online festival. The ClickBid Legal Terms & Conditions and online payment for all customer transactions are available at : https://clickbidonline.com/legalese/
- I understand that I will be reimbursed 80% of the sales price after deduction of transaction fees.
- I understand that I will be responsible for all shipping and insurance cost when sending my artwork to the buyer. I absolve IAS of any responsibility for damage or loss of art resulting from unexpected circumstance.
- I also understand that all reimbursements will be made to me by Clickbid after verification of the receipt by the buyer.
- I accept all of the terms and conditions of IAS and Clickbid.
- I understand that IAS reserves the right to use my work for publicity and marketing purposes.
- I will follow all deadlines and instructions given by Islamic Arts Society. Otherwise I will forfeit
- all rights to participate in the Festival.
Definition of Islamic Arts
Islamic art encompasses the visual arts influenced by Islam and the Muslim world. It reflects the beliefs, culture and traditions of Islam. This could be religious or non-religious calligraphy, Arabesque, geometric, architectural or landscapes connected with Islamic world. Modern, traditional and most mediums are welcome. General landscape, still life, sculpture and portraits are not considered Islamic arts by the Islamic Arts Society of Houston.
IAS encourages emerging artists who are not working at a professional level or who are not associated with an art gallery to apply for Arts Festival registration. Emerging artists may be allocated space to display up to 2 art pieces and will not have to pay the $35 registration fee. If you are not sure whether you are a professional artist or an emerging artist please email us with your artist profile first. Please indicate below if you are an emerging artist.
The registration fee for the Islamic Arts Festival is $35. This fee is waived under the following conditions:
- If you are a member of the Islamic Arts Society. You can join IAS by filling out this form.
- If you are an Emerging artist as described above.
Please pay the registration fee using the Donate button at the top of this page, either before or immediately after submitting the form.