|Masjid AlSalam Community is once again partnering with Masjid Hawa to distribute food and other essential supplies to the local Houston area refugee families from Burma, Somalia, Iraq, and elsewhere!
We encourage the community to contribute generously in this blessed month of Ramadan.
WHEN: Sunday, 11 June, from 1:30 p.m until 2:30 p.m
WHERE: Masjid AlSalam parking lot, there will be parked vehicles collecting donations
- Volunteers with Vans, SUV’s, and Pickup Trucks are needed to transport over 5000 Lbs of food supplies at Zuhur Tomorrow (2:00 PM). Food will be transported to Hawa Masjid, located at 5880 Ranchester Drive, Houston, TX77036
- Youth and Kids over 8 are welcome to come.
- Please contact us using the information at the bottom of the post to let us know if you can help in this blessed work.
Recommended Items to Bring:
- Cereal (Nutritious as well as “treat” cereals both – like Corn Flakes, Honey Bunches of Oats, Granola, Coco Puffs, Cinnamon Toast Crunch, etc)
- Cookies and snacks for children.
- Shower Gel, and Shampoo
- Diapers (various sizes)
- Walmart Gift Cards with $25 value to be given out to kids as Eid Gifts on Khatam Night. We need at least 100 Gift Cards.
- Bulk items such as rice, sugar, oil, tea, sardines fish, noodles, red daal (pulses), are being purchased in large quantities from wholesale sources. You can contact us to donate money for these purchases.
- All food must be properly packed, sealed, and have an expiration date of at least one year.
- Please bring food only on the day and during the time frame provided above and drop off at the location noted above. Please do not bring items earlier or drop off in any other part of the Masjid.