Houston Peace Academy Advisory Panel has a vacant seat. The AP Nominating Committee invites interested qualified individuals to apply for this VOLUNTEER POSITION by filling the application form.
The position term is 3 years, and requires a time commitment of 6 – 8 hours per month. Interested candidates are encouraged to attend one of our AP meetings, which are held on the 2nd and 4th Thursday evenings of every month at the Library of Masjid Assalam from 6:30 – 8:30 pm.
Applications will be evaluated and qualified candidates will be called for an interview. Deadline for application is 11 pm, Saturday 17th March 2018.
Applicants shall be Muslim; shall be a citizen or lawful permanent resident of the United States of America, and must have a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree, preferably from a College or University in the United states.
Desired Qualities in candidates
- Commitment to the Vision and Mission of the Houston Peace Academy and Islamic Education Institute of Texas
- Have vision, long term strategic thinking and leadership skills
- Able to strengthen our organization because of the expertise they bring from their business or professional background.
- Informed, available, and engaged; willing to attend meetings and represent our organization or its interests at community events and donor circles; willing to help bring in necessary resources.
- Is a conscientious steward who is as interested in the business of developing the organization and monitoring its health as they are in promoting its programs.
Please review the linked document that has information about Advisory Panel Structure and Responsibilities.
Jazakum Allah Kheir for considering to volunteer your time, efforts and expertise to help make Houston Peace Academy a thriving school that serves the Islamic Education needs of our community.
Chair, Advisory Panel